A Great Birthday Gift Idea

My cousin, Gretchen, has a birthday this weekend.  I picked up a card for her but I wanted to send a little something I thought she would like.  But what to send?  Pondering, pondering, and then it hit me.

Can you guess what is in this box?
I picked up a box and filled it with one of her favorite things, added some packing peanuts and sent it off.  Can you guess what is in this box?


Why, Utz Crab Chips of course.  She loves crab chips.  However, she lives in Indiana these days and cannot find them anywhere.  So I bought her four family size bags of crab chips for her birthday.  A gift as inexpensive as this can bring as much joy as more expensive or elaborate gifts.  I'm certain she will get a laugh out of this when she opens the box and that is really what birthday celebrations are all about; bringing joy to someone you love.


And let's not forget the card.  You have to include a card.  My cousin has a wicked good sense of humor.  And I say "wicked good" because that is precisely what she would say, having grown up in Maine.  When I saw this I knew she would get a kick out of it.


And the perfect greeting inside.  How funny.  And how true!

So, if you are searching for just the right gift for a family member or friend, think back to conversations you have had and see if you can remember any little thing they may have said they liked that you can give them in quantity.  It could be anything.  I gave my sister matching designer coat hangers for all her closets one year for Christmas.  Use your imagination.  Just have fun with it.


A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig