My Birthday Celebration, Part II

Part II of the celebration of my birth.


The table was set and we were ready for guests.  There was chicken satay, penne pasta salad, deviled eggs, sushi and sashimi, shrimp plate with cocktail sauce and pear and gorgonzola salad with lemon vinaigrette.  A feast.


After everyone enjoyed a plate, we continued cocktails in the living room.  These tea lights lined up on the entertainment center were a spectacular look.  Very nice touch.


The frivolity started right away.  I was first presented with a tiara.  Actually, I had many on Facebook tell me that I wore it well.  I think they were right.


Then somebody brought mustaches and everything went crazy after that.


After gift opening and cocktails in the living room, we moved back to the kitchen for the cake.  This is a carrot cake made by Bette.  It is the most delicious carrot cake I have ever tasted.  The carrot curls on top are crystalized.  I don't know how she did that.  They are like candy.  And the roasted pecans only added to this extraordinary creation.


A look from on top.


And here it is, all lit up while I was regaled with this groups version of Happy Birthday.


A view from further away just before the singing began.  You see that some of the mustaches have now made it to foreheads.  That's my kind of party.


All I can do is post this picture of a slice of the cake and tell you that it was magnificent.  Just incredible.  I would hope everybody would eventually get a chance to taste a carrot cake like this.


And finally, little Baxter and our best friend Lea.  I think they both had a great time at the party.  I think everyone had a great time at the party.  I know I did.


A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig