Artwork from Savannah

During our visit to Savannah a few weeks ago, we ended up on River Street which is the place to be in Savannah.  There are all kinds of touristy places and things to do and it's crowded and lively like you would expect it to be.


In the midst of all the hoopla, I found a little art shop called Gallery 209 that looked interesting.  You can find out more about the gallery here.  I grabbed Bev and said let's go in here.  Gillian and Steven followed.  Once inside we left all the noise and frenetic activity on the streets and entered a quiet little oasis.  There were just a few people browsing, so we could move around at our leisure.  They had some very interesting and beautiful pieces.  I found one that I could not live without.

Savannah Spring, Forsyth Fountain by Bill Rousseau
This beautiful painting of Savannah Spring, Forsyth Fountain by Bill Rosseau.  Just beautiful.  I had to have it.  This painting is small, so I was having a difficult time finding a wall that was suitable.  I searched for a small space but I did not find any that worked.  It would be lost on a large wall or mixed in with several hangings in mural fashion.  I did not want that.


So, I stopped in at Michael's, and what did I find?  A small easel made specifically for this type of predicament.


They had several different styles in stock.  Some expensive ones made of metal.  Some very inexpensive ones made of plastic.  And then there were the ones in the middle that were of a suitable price and made of wood.  That is the one I bought.

  
I liked the wooden one because it was not overpowering.  The metal ones were obnoxious with lots of scroll work and the front legs were too ornate and intrusive.  They would have come up above the frame and obstructed the view of the painting.  The plastic ones, ... well, ... were plastic.  Enough said.  This little wooden one works perfectly.  It does not come up over the top of the frame and there is nothing in front to obscure the view of the painting.  I like this because it can be moved from room to room or place to place depending on what is going on.

This painting is done in oils.  I have seen other pieces and they are all extraordinary.  If you are interested in contacting Mr. Rousseau or finding out more about his creations, click here.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig