A Birthday Gift for my Mother

My mother celebrated her birthday last week.  All birthdays are important and should be celebrated. But as our parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles begin to reach a certain age, I think it is even more important to celebrate their lives.  It does not need to be an over-the-top gala event. Sometimes a quiet visit and a low-key dinner are just what is in order.  And so it was with my mother last week.  A quiet visit and low-key dinner with her and my adorable little niece, Sarah Paige.  Just the three of us.  We had a wonderful time.  Sarah Paige is such a refined young lady of, I believe, thirteen years of age.

Of course I brought a little something to give my mother to commemorate her day and we will discuss my choice of presentation here today.


I decided to go with this elegant white and gold gift bag this year.  Unwrapping gifts is not as easy for my mother as it was, even a few years ago.  A little arthritis in the fingers makes what used to be an easy task something of a struggle.  So, we adapt.  Plus, this is just a beautiful bag.  I would have used this as presentation for friends or family without difficulty unwrapping gifts.



In order to open the box thoroughly, I pressed my thumb firmly along the interior folded edge on both sides of the bad which forced it open.  This was necessary so I could add the tissue paper.


When presenting a gift in any style gift bag, you need to add tissue.  It can be plain white, as you see here.  Or it can be fanciful.  Whichever best expresses your style.


I started adding the tissue paper to the bag one sheet at the time.  Just remove a sheet from the package, grab it in the center and, using the other hand, bring up the tissue to form a fleur-de-lis pattern. The size of the bag will dictate how many sheets to use.


This year I gave my mother a bottle of Plexaderm.  If you watch late night television, you have surely seen the commercials for Plexaderm.  It claims to work wonders on facial skin, specifically under the eyes.  I can tell you that it does indeed work.


A couple sheets of tissue and then the Plexaderm nestled inside the gift box.


I needed to adjust the tissue a little.  It was coming out of the bag so much that I could not fold over the top flap and secure it in place.


I just rather "smooshed" it down a little and twisted it around so that it was still fanciful, but was sufficient to cover the gift inside.


I folded over the top flap and secured it in place.  Then, using a simple black medium point marker, I spelled out "MOM" on the tag.

A perfect presentation of a perfect gift to a perfect mother.  I love her dearly.  She taught me well and I owe all of my success in life to her.  Happy birthday mom - and many, many more!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig