A Day Trip and Deck Clean-Up

We have been busy recently.  Lots going on in October.  Week before last was the trip to Chicago. Last week we had my friend Cindy visiting from Indiana.  I picked her up from Washington National airport on Thursday and dropped her off this morning for her return flight to Indianapolis.  It was an early morning flight.  I dropped her off at 6:20 AM and came to the office.  She called me a while later and announced that her flight had been cancelled but she had been re-routed onto another flight through Philadelphia.  In the end, she made it home and arrived about 40 minutes ago.  It was a fun visit.  We cooked most of the time, which was fun.  We had remnants of hurricane Joaquin which meant days and nights filled with rain and winds.  It was only yesterday that we finally had brilliant sunshine.  So we ventured out for a day trip to Ellicott City, MD.

The skies were still cloud filled yesterday as we finally ventured out after the storm.
Ellicott City is a very quaint little town not far from Baltimore with lots of small shops all along its main street.  The best of these shops, in our opinion, is Su Casa.  Very cute things.  I bought some votive candles and a small fluted cake plate and a map of Washington, DC from 1983.  If you are in the area, you must stop in Su Casa.


Along our travels we stopped at Wegman's to pick up a few items for dinner.  They had the most beautiful mums at the entrance.  I couldn't help myself.


This beautiful mum made it's way to our deck.  I love the colors.  It is predominantly pink with tinges of yellows and golds.  A real stunner.  Wegman's had quite a selection in many different colors and sizes.


When we arrived home, we went to work on the deck.  There were many, many leaves and twigs and nuts that had all made their way to the floor of the deck during the remnants of Joaquin.  Several days of heavy downpours and wind had made quite a mess of things.  A leaf blower and  broom and a little elbow grease and we whipped the deck into shape in short order.


A serene spot for sure.  We love spending time on the deck especially when it is clean and tidy.  We will enjoy this as long as we can because now that October has arrived, the trees will start dropping leaves in abundance very soon.  I love the colors of the trees and the shedding of the leaves.  Cool fall days spent working outside in the gardens are a favorite thing for me.  I hope you will enjoy some outdoor activities in the cool fall weather this year.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig