The Su Casa Items

I mentioned yesterday that we took a day trip to Ellicott City, MD and visited the shop, Su Casa. Here are the items we bought that we talked about in that post.


The footed serving plate.  It looks large in the picture but it is only six inches in diameter.  It will be the perfect plate to serve a small chocolate cake or a cheese ball or a chocolate cheese ball.


The wonderful votive candles.  The scents are really magnificent.  Not overly perfumed as can be the case with some candles.  These are not at all offensive.  The choices were many and varied.


Wild Currant.


Stargazer Lily.  (My favorite.)


Pineapple Cilantro.


And finally, blackberry basil.  Now, these were not the only choices.  These are just the ones I bought.  There were at least a dozen different choices, maybe even more.  I thought we would start out with these and then go back for more.  These would make wonderful Christmas gifts, tied together with some festive ribbon and presented in a little wooden box.


And finally, the map of Washington, DC.  I really loved this.  I am a big fan of maps from all over the world and from different periods.


In the post yesterday I said that I thought this map was dated as being from 1983.  Well, it was a few years before that actually.


Upon further inspection, I believe the Copyright date is 1823.  I should have known it was a bit older than 1983 with a legend that laid out Horse Car Lines, Herdic Route and Electric Car Lines. Nonetheless, check out Su Casa if your are visiting Ellicott City, MD or here.  You will not be disappointed.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig