The Evening with Ina Garten was Wonderful!

We had a spectacular time last night at the Ina Garten event at the Lisner Auditorium.  She is every bit as charming and funny in person as she is on the show.  The evening was very much in the format of Inside the Actor's Studio with James Lipton,  The stage was set with two club chairs and a small table in between and Ms. Garten was "interviewed" giving us her background and opinions.  There was a question and answer session for the last half hour and there were some very good questions posed.  She answered them all with aplomb.


We ordered our tickets and printed them online.  A quick scan of the printed barcode at the door and we were inside.  Sort of like printing a boarding pass and presenting it at the gate when flying these days.  I must admit barcode technology has made life infinitely easier for us all.


Orchestra Center, Right, Row G.  The seats were perfect.  I would not have wanted to be any closer to the stage nor any further away.


We were lucky to find parking on the street right across from the auditorium.  How that happened I could not possibly know.


Lisner Auditorium is on the campus of the George Washington University in Washington, D.C.


Once inside, we were met with quite a crowd.  And rightfully so.  Everybody loves Ina.


We had time for a cocktail, so we got in line.  Along with everyone else!


I had to take a selfie.  Isn't that what we do these days?  A good picture of Steven, but I only got half of me!

We found our seats and I got this wonderful shot of the stage before the show started.  I loved the lighting and the colors.


I took this shot just minutes before Ina entered the stage.  It was a full house.


And then there was Ina.  She had just taken the stage in this shot because the pillow was still in the chair behind her.


This picture was taken a little way into the show and you see she had at this point removed the pillow and placed it next to her chair.  She was just a delight.  She seems very down-to-earth.  And filled with great ideas for entertaining.  I would not have missed this show.  If she comes to your town I highly recommend getting tickets.


It was a beautiful evening.  We were able to get to the car and get started for home with great ease due to our good luck finding the parking space right across from the auditorium.


And let's not forget the new book - Ina Garten: Make it ahead.  We had to have a copy of that.  It was just a few years ago that I met Ina at a book signing in Annapolis, MD for her book Foolproof.


I pre-ordered a signed copy of this book.

I cannot wait to study these recipes and to serve them to our guests.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig