Bananas and Spinach

Bananas and spinach.  The two most important ingredients in my "green drinks" which I have several times per week.  So healthy for body and so incredibly delicious.


Into my NutriBullet Pro I place one banana, sliced, a handful of spinach and either fresh or frozen fruit to the fill line.  (If using fresh fruit, place a few ice cubes into the blender.) Then a little Unsweetened Almond Milk and a then a quick blend.


When possible, I like to use USDA Certified Organic bananas.



This Giant brand premium baby spinach is perfect for green drinks and it is what gives the drink its green hue.


I remove the spinach from the bag and rinse it thoroughly.  Once dry, I store it in this Tupperware celery crisper which belonged to my mother.  When she moved in with my sister and her family several years ago, we cleaned out the kitchen and I ended up with this celery crisper which actually serves as storage for many different things.


Fortunately, it holds the entire contents of the spinach bag.


I place the top on the Tupperware container with the original "burping button", which was the big selling feature of Tupperware products many years ago.  Another way you can tell this container is quite old is to look closely at the button in the center of the top.  It says "Made in U.S.A."  When was the last time you saw that?

So there you have the basic ingredient list for a healthy green drink.  There are many different smoothie recipes from which you can choose but I find the banana, spinach and fruit blend with a little almond milk quite delicious.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig