Candle Sleeves for a more Attractive Home

Who loves to burn candles?  I do!  I like to burn candles indoors all year round but especially during the fall and winter and early spring months.  The only downside to burning candles, in my opinion, is how unattractive they are to look at after the first few burns.  Take a look.


This delicious apple pie scented candle has been very popular with us and has filled the house many evenings with its wonderful aroma.


Likewise with thise lovely clean linen scented candle.  These have burned for several hours, but not at the same time of course.


Here, a side view of the apple pie candle.  This is not attractive.  I do not like this.  I tried removing the wax from the side of the glass jar and it just made things worse.


Here, a side view of the clean linen candle.  This has burned a little more cleanly than the apple pie.


However, because the opening at the top is turned inward, the upper part of the glass jar is covered in black soot from the heat of the flame.


A closer look.  This just looks messy.  It is not something I want to look at day after day and I certainly would not put it out for company.


So I went searching for a solution to this problem.  And I found exactly what I needed.  These beautiful candle sleeves from Better Homes and Gardens.


The style is called "Arabesque" and it is really stunning.


I really like that the bottom of two of the sleeves are manufactured with these little feet which lifts them off the surface.


Since the apple pie and clean linen candles were nearly at their end, I decided it was time for some new candles.  I found these wonderful soy candles put out by Burt's Bees.  These are not overly scented. Just enough so that they add a light scent to the home but not overpowering.  My favorite here is the Cotton Blossom.


Some information about the candles from Burt's Bees.  One thing I must agree with is they are very clean burning.  All soy candles are clean burning.


Into the new candle holders with them.


Beautiful light from the candle sleeve.


I like that these candles have three wicks.  This provides more even burning.


You can tuck these away to give a warm glow to the room or bring them front and center.  Either way, it is a most perfect way to use candles throughout your home.  Isn't that much nicer to look at then a dirty, sooty glass jar.


Look at the interesting design cast on the wall.


In another location, upstairs, just outside of the bathroom.  This candle sleeve is shorter than the other two.  It has a nice large base.


Here it is lit.  Resplendent.  I like the location of this candle just outside of the bathroom.  It adds some warmth to the landing at the top of the stairs and it offers a wonderful fragrance in the hallway.

So if you like to burn candles indoors, try some of these candle sleeves as a way to camouflage an otherwise messy glass candle holder.  I think you will be very pleased with how it dresses up your home.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig