Easy and Quick Croissants

I want to share with you a new product I recently stumbled upon when doing the weekend shopping.


Croissant dough wrapped in parchment.  I thought I would give this a try as an alternative to the traditional "pop open" cans of croissant dough.  I think the "pop open" cans are referred to as "Crescent" rolls.  These are actually more "croissant" like.  More flaky like you would expect.


As the package states, the dough is wrapped in parchment paper.  


Simply unroll and remove the parchment.


Each package provides dough for six croissants.  The dough is scored but not cut all the way through. So you cannot just pull it apart like the canned crescent rolls.  I used a pizza cutter to cut the dough along the lines.


This is what you will have once you have cut the dough.  You could use a pizza cutter like I did, or any knife of your choosing.


I decided I wanted a nice golden brown on my croissants, so I grabbed an egg from the refrigerator.


A quick mixing of the egg with about a tablespoon of water added makes for a nice egg wash on top of the croissants before placing them in the preheated oven.


I decided I also wanted to add sesame seeds to my croissants.


I rolled up the dough triangles and formed them into the familiar crescent shape.  Then, with a pastry brush, I lightly coated each with the egg wash.  Be certain to cover the tops thoroughly and along the sides as well for a nice golden brown all over.  Then I placed them onto a non-stick baking sheet.


I wanted a nice hearty coating of sesame seeds, so I was quite generous.  Into a 375 degree preheated oven for seventeen minutes.


And this is what comes out of the oven a little while later.


Beautiful golden brown rolls.


Perfectly shaped and ready to eat.


These were quite good and I found them most delicious served with softened cream cheese.  The cream cheese should be at room temperature.

Are these gourmet croissants?  No.  But are they good?  Yes. These will work perfectly if company drops in unexpectedly.  Keep a package in the refrigerator at all times.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig