Fresh Eggs from Shlagel Farms

As you know by now, I use fresh eggs from local farms or I buy cage free eggs from my local major grocery chain.  I will not buy eggs that come from factory farms.  The conditions under which the hens are imprisoned in factory farms is disturbing beyond all reason.  Factory farming in all areas of food production is particularly disturbing to me.  So when and where possible, I buy local or I buy cage-free.

It was quite cold on Saturday morning, but Eileen showed up with eggs and other fresh vegetables from her farm in Waldorf.  I was glad to see her.  Read on.


I was not the only person from town to make it out early on Saturday morning to pick up fresh eggs and veggies, both of which Eileen had for sale.  The broccoli and spinach was beautiful.  I believe those are melons on the left in the bed of her truck.  Everything looked marvelous.  But I was just on an egg run, so I picked them up and was on my way.


A wonderful dozen of fresh, large, brown eggs.  During the snow storm a couple weeks ago Eileen sent an email to her regular customers telling us that the hens had not been laying in the extreme cold and snowy weather.  I was glad to see they had finally come around.


For those of my readers who are in the area, you may find out more about the farm at www.shlagelfarms.com.  Just click on the link to be taken to their website.  Our regular farmer's market in Cheverly will be starting up again in the spring.  Eileen is a regular.  I do not have the specific date it will re-open, but check back frequently.  As soon as I have the date I will post it here.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig