A Different Way to Serve Cheesecake

I think it is safe to say that all of my regular readers know by now that I am a huge fan of cheesecake. I've had some excellent and some less excellent, but even the less excellent was still very good.  Thank goodness I have Baxter.  Our morning and evening walks make it possible for me to enjoy a slice of my favorite dessert more often than if I did not have him.  Our walking routine is sort of a "forced regimen of exercise" that is good for us both.


I make cheesecake frequently but if my schedule is so busy that I do not have time, I will resort to bought cheesecake.  Plain cheesecake can be served, well, ... plain, and there is nothing wrong with that.  But if you have company and you would like to serve your cheesecake so it will be remembered, give this a try.


I generally keep these two items on hand; walnuts in syrup and a bottle of Maraschino cherries.  You may not think of these as staples, but they are.


Take the cheesecake out of the refrigerator for a short time before serving.  It doesn't have to be at room temperature.  Slightly chilled is nice.  Take a dinner fork and extract a walnut or two from the bottle and place them on top of the slice of cheesecake.  Then, using the same fork, dip it back in the syrup and drizzle that over the top.  Add enough so that it cascades over the side and onto the plate.  Add a Maraschino cherry and serve with super chilled, frosty glasses of Prosecco or even Mimosas.  A treat surely to be enjoyed by all.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig