Coleslaw Surprise

I wanted coleslaw for lunch this week, but I did not have a chance to make it.  I spent the weekend going through boxes from storage and organizing the content of each, so there was little time spent in the kitchen.  Baxter and I did run a few quick errands on Saturday to pick up essential food items for us both for the week.  I picked up a container of deli coleslaw and a can of Whole Kernel Southwest Corn with Poblano and Red Pepper to add to it.  Here's what I did with the two.


You may not believe it, but this deli coleslaw from Walmart is not bad.  I have purchased this several times over the years and I would say that it is on par with any deli coleslaw at any of the large grocery chains.


To jazz it up a little, I simply emptied the contents into a clean glass mixing bowl.


I used the Del Monte brand of Southwest Corn this time.  This can was 15.25 ounce.  I usually use the Green Giant 11 ounce Mexicorn with Red and Green Peppers, but I could not find it this time, so I went with this.


I found that the Del Monte brand is packed in a good deal more water than the Green Giant brand.  Many times, when using Green Giant corn, I do not have to drain the corn.  Clearly I had to drain this can before combining the corn with the coleslaw.


Once it was drained, I added the entire contents of the can of corn in with the coleslaw.  I gave this a good stir to fully incorporate and it looked perfect.


I did not need to add anything to the mix.  I simply returned the "corn slaw", as we call it, back to the original container and placed it in the refrigerator.  This has been a lovely side with a sandwich for lunch during the week.  Quick.  Easy.  Delicious.  A great trio to be sure!

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig