Honey!

Have you ever heard that taking honey will help a congested chest?  I had not until just recently.  I have been suffering with a chest cold for the past week and decided to give this honey thing a try.


I found this box of 10 single serve packets of honey from a company called Buzz & Bloom.  They have the cutest website which you can get to by clicking here.  This is where you can find all of their products and some history about the company.


One thing that attracted me most about their honey was the nutrition information.  Their honey is 40 calories per serving compared to 70 calories for most other brands and you will only take in 11g of carbohydrate and 11g of sugar compared to 17g and 16g, comparatively, with other brands.  This is important information for those of us who are diabetic.  Really, it is important information to all of us, diabetic or not.  Many of the prepared foods we consume on a daily basis are loaded with sugar which is not good for any body.  I also like the "Ingredients" list.  "Honey".  That's it.


When you open the box you find these neatly arranged individual packets of honey.


Here is one of the packets removed from the box.  The individual packets are wax coated paper, so the top just tears off to access the honey inside.  Again, I like the fact that the packets are paper-based and not plastic.  So many good things about this company.


One packet provides two teaspoons of honey.  It is really quite delicious.


So I took two teaspoons of honey every day for several days last week.  I would take it in the morning and my opinion is that it did help to loosen the congestion in my chest.  It did not heal me, but it did help to loosen things up so that my cough was productive.  I am feeling much better this week.  My cold is not completely gone, but I am better today.  There are several people in the office with the same thing so the halls are a hotbed of coughing and sneezing and it is my opinion that we are all just going to keep passing this around to each other until sometime around Memorial Day.  I am very much looking forward to spring, but who isn't.

I will spend a little more time on the Buzz and Bloom website.  I would like to buy some of their honey and I would like to get a better look at all of their products.  From what I can tell so far, they get the Seal of Approval from At Home with John Newman.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig