Spring Mulch

When Baxter and I went for our walk last night, there was the unmistakable scent of fresh mulch.  Obviously, during the day yesterday, the grounds people put down fresh mulch all around the building. 


Fresh mulch always makes the landscape look so clean and neat.  It is always a welcome sight.  For the past 17 years, I was the one putting down mulch in the spring all around Crest Avenue.  But this year, I get to enjoy it without all the work of putting it down myself.  Here, along the rear parking lot and next to the entrance to the garage.


Along the north side of the building, actually under my apartment, and around what appear to be azaleas?  Possibly?  We will find out in just a few short weeks.


A closer view of what I expect is the azalea garden.  They have a little dead wood they need to cut away, but I'm sure that will be taken care of once the weather stays consistently warm.  It has been miserably cold here in DC this week.  Much colder than it should for the first week of March.  However, our local weather team assured us this morning that next week will bring spring temperatures.


Here is a lovely bed in between the entrances to a dental office and a design office which reside in my building.


And finally this bed along Wisconsin Avenue.  The maintenance crew does a fantastic job of keeping the interior and exterior of the building looking clean and cared for at all times.  I am very happy with my choice of living arrangements.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig