We Have Cosmos Sprouts!

The cosmos have sprouted!


They came to life rather quickly.  Much more quickly than I expected.  Where they go from here is hard to say.  Sometimes if they get too much light they just get "leggy" and do not bloom.  Where these are situated on my desk, they get indoor light from the overhead lighting, but no direct or even indirect sunlight.  So let's hope that we get some lovely blooms.


A few around the other side of the pot.  I'd love to have a small cutting garden in this pot.  Sometimes with wildflowers it is good to thin them out by cutting away any shoots that are under-performing.  We will check back in on these next week. 


Finally today, this lovely specimen was given to me as a gift from my friend Chris.  She is so thoughtful.  She came in Monday morning with this colorful aglaonemas.  I have never had one of these.


"Effortless Color All year Long".  That almost sounds too good to be true.  The watering instructions say two cups of water every two weeks.  They grow well inside and keep their foliage all year.  I am very excited to care for this new plant and to watch it mature over the coming months.  We will revisit this from time to time so you can see how things are going.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig