Withings Health Monitor

I have long been a customer of the Withings line of health monitoring products.  You can visit their site at www.withings.com.  I currently own the Body+ Scales and I wear one of the health monitor wrist trackers that keeps count of the number of steps and the amount of sleep I get daily.  The wrist tracker I have is called the "Withings Go" and has been discontinued and replaced with the "Withings Pulse HR" which does a great deal more than just track your steps and sleep.  My post today is not so much about what or how these devices work, but rather about the company itself.


After several years of use, the loop on the underside of the band broke as you see above.  A slight annoyance but not the end of the world.  So I contacted Withings directly and explained what happened.  Their customer service people were very nice and very helpful.  You really need both in the customer service department.  Nice and Helpful.  If someone is nice but they cannot resolve the problem, then their niceness is kind of lost in the process because your issue was not resolved.  On the flip side, if someone is able to resolve your issue but is not very nice, that kind of puts you off to buying anything from that company in the future.  So Nice and Helpful is always good.


The customer service agent read my email and responded quickly that they would be able to help me.  I was informed that they would send out a new band right away and that the new band would be free of charge.  In a matter of days I had my new band and a new Quick Start Guide.


The new band arrived in the right color, black.  It appears to me that the loop underneath that broke on the original band has been made a bit more "substantial" on the new band.  So I'm hoping I will not have the same problem with it breaking again.


Here is the actual monitor button that slips inside the rubber band.  You can change the contrast on this from black and white to white and black.  A single push in the middle of the button and it switches from a step counter to an analog type watch.


And finally, here it is all put together and on my wrist.  You will see that on this day I had already started making progress on my daily step count.  I am usually good for at least 10,000 steps per day with my walking around the office and at lunch.  Then there are two walks with Baxter each morning and at least two walks with him again each evening.  Actually, 10,000 steps is a light day for me.  Most days I achieve 15,000 steps which is what is suggested by medical professionals.

But enough about my physical activity.  The reason for this post today is to let you know that the Withings Co. is really the company you want to use when considering any type of personal health monitoring devices.  Great products, good prices and superb customer service.  Those are the hallmarks of a great company.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig