Alstromeria to Brighten Your Rooms

We have talked about alstromeria before.  They are my chosen flower for the interior spaces of my home.  When I was at Crest Avenue, I most often had them in tall, cut glass vases.  The architecture of the house and the furniture allowed for flowers to be displayed in tall vases.  The apartment is different.  There is less space.  The space is divided with the entry hall, bathroom, closets and dressing closet, dining area and kitchen on the upper level.  The bedroom and living room are "sunken" and on a lower level.  There are two steps down to the lower level.   I want to keep things in proportion, so I am finding that flowers in short, square glass vases are the way to go.  I like this compact look and it works well throughout.


I picked these up recently on a run to market.  Obviously these lovely little flowers have become all the rage because there was only this group and two others in the same color left in the floral department.  I was looking for white, but there were none available, so I decided to give these a try.


They really look spectacular on this table in the living room.  The petals could not be more perfect.  They almost look too perfect to be real, but I assure you they are.  I picked up this small glass vase from Walmart.  You want simple, clean lines for the vase.  Let the flowers be the topic of conversation.


These add a nice bit of color to the living room.  I want them in the apartment at all times.  I do not care so much about the color.  I can live with most any variety of color.  Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, that is a working telephone on the table.  I assume we may have a few in the audience who are not familiar with this type of landline telephone, but there it is.  I still use it.  I have a 100' cord attached to it, so I can grab the cradle and carry it with me pretty much all over the apartment.  Just like we used to years ago.  It is very comfortable for me to talk on this telephone.  Much more so than my cell phone.  There is something about dialing someone's number from this phone that is also comforting.  Pushing the buttons to make a call brings back fond memories from a time with a great deal more civility.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig