We Had a Bit of a Scare Yesterday

Yesterday afternoon, around 4:20, the alarm system in our building sounded.  As usual, most of us paid no attention.  What usually happens is that it beeps and a recorded voice comes on and tells us to leave the building.  It does this for a few minutes, then stops.  Then a real voice comes on the speaker system and tells us the source of the fire has been identified and resolved and that it is safe to return to the building.  I must have listened to that a hundred times over the years.  However, yesterdays' alarm went on and on and on.  Still, I paid no attention.  Until the power shut off.  Then I knew we had a serious situation.  I gathered up my things and went downstairs and joined the crowd.


When I got downstairs and saw all the hoopla, I was astonished.


A large gathering of our people and some from other office suites.


There were several fire engines, rescue squads and other emergency vehicles.  In the end we found out there was an electrical malfunction which caused a lot of smoke on the P1 level of the garage, but I don't believe there was an actual fire.  First reports were that there was a fire, but I believe those rumors was eventually quashed.  Anyway, all of this turned into a two hour inconvenience, sitting in the extreme heat and humidity of the day.  I ended up leaving just around my regular time at 6:40 PM.  Today we are back at work!!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig