Powdered Coffee Creamer and Between Meal Snacks

Who likes to add a little flavor to their coffee cup in the morning.  I do.  I don't do it with every cup or even every morning.  But occasionally I will add a little coffee flavoring in the form of Nestle Coffee Mate.  In the refrigerator at home we keep fresh half & half and several varieties of liquid coffee additives.  In the office, we have the little refrigerated half & half sealed cups in the refrigerators, but no flavored additives.  Flavored additives purchased and place in the communal refrigerators at work either disappear or are soon exhausted.  I might get a cup or two out of each container.  So I decided I would take a different route and keep containers of flavored additives which do not require refrigeration at my desk.


My two favorite flavors are (1) French Vanilla and (2) Hazelnut, in that order.


The containers come with the flip-up top which reveals a handy spout through which you add the creamer to your coffee.


I do not like these.  Why?  Because the powdered cream sticks to the spout and the area under the flip-up lid.  It is impossible to keep clean.


So, I do not use the flip-up lid.


I unscrew the lid completely and pour into my coffee cup directly from the container.  When done, I simply screw the lid back in place.  Much cleaner.

On a separate issue, we are going to revisit the between meal snack idea we talked about earlier this week.


On Wednesday I introduced the Sargento Balanced Breaks snacks recommended to me by my doctor. I started thinking about it after that post and I thought I can put together my own between meal snacks that are just as tasty and save money.  So, last night I cut up some squares of cheddar and colby jack cheese and added some turkey pepperoni and put it all in a little Ziploc container and brought it to the office today.  What a great little snack.  Make sure and look at the serving size on the packages and keep it to 200 calories and under.  I'll see if I can come up with some additional ideas for between meal snacks and share them with you over the coming weeks.  [Note:  If you have not tried the turkey pepperoni, I highly suggest you do.  It is delicious.  It is not as greasy as the original. I only use turkey pepperoni these days.  I think you will really like it.]

We are going to make veggie tempura this weekend and will report on that next week.  Everyone have a great weekend!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig