Around the Office

I like things neat and orderly.  At home.  At the office.  In the car.  I am able to keep the car in good ordered condition.  I am generally the only person in it.  And I keep my desk in order.  I cannot collect my thoughts at a mismanaged desk.  The house is a bit more of a challenge.  There is my stuff, Steven's stuff and Baxter's stuff.  And all three of us in one house.  So it can get a little out of order from time to time.  We are challenged right now because we are consolidating two houses into one. Until we can figure out where everything will go and what to keep and what not to keep, we will suffer with some clutter.  But all things considered, I feel we are doing a good job there. I have rented a locker to move some things to until we get Crest Avenue sold.  Once that happens, I'll go through and weed out all the unnecessary things.

To keep order on my desk, I made these little origami boxes using regular copy paper.


They measure 4" x 4".  You might think copy paper would be too flimsy to use for origami boxes, but once you make all the folds it becomes quite sturdy.  I use them to hold business cards, hand lotion and hand sanitizer, post-it-notes, etc.


Even breath mints in these little screw-top glass jars from The Container Store.

The cards with the black borders in front of the boxes are blank 4" x 6" index cards printed with a wide border and then taped in place in front of each origami box.  I was forever losing my staple puller.  Now I know where it is at all times.  Salt and pepper at the ready for lunch time salads. And what goes on the card in the middle? Why, my iPhone, of course.


Now to organization that is a little more fun.  I have a desk drawer dedicated to one thing and one thing only.


Chocolate!  This is a private stash for me and my pal Melinda, although I think there are a few others who know about this and enjoy a Dove square every now and then.  The problem with this plaid, metal box was that it would slide all over the place on the metal drawer bottom.


I put down a couple strips of Scotch double-sided tape and then adhered this no-slip liner to the bottom of the drawer.  You can buy this wherever household goods are sold (Target, Walmart, those types of places).  This holds snugly and keeps the metal container with the candy in place.

So a couple quick ideas for you to consider in your own desk.  An organized desk makes the workday so much more enjoyable.



A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig