Cupcakes for Yvonne and Melinda

As the carrot cake cupcakes dwindle down to a few, I decided I would bring two of them to the office this morning.  One for my friend Yvonne and one for Melinda.  I decided to make it a special occasion.  Read on.


Some weeks ago, I told you about this Astrobright card stock that I purchased at Staples.  You see in the picture above that is states "Double-Color" in the upper right hand corner.  I saw that when I bought it but I did not really comprehend what it meant.  I liked the colors that were in the package, and that was what was most important to me.  But "Double Color" means just that.  Each sheet has a different shade of the same color on each side.


Orange and yellow.  You can't really see the yellow on the left because of the reflection of the orange which is overpowering.


Purple and violet.


Lime green and grass green.


 Blue and blue.


I wanted to make place-card style easels to sit beside the plate holding the cupcake.  I liked the green card stock the best.  So I printed a card on the grass green side.


And the other on the lime green side.


In the end, I went with the lime green side.  I found the little cupcake clip art online.  Very cute.


I used a brown paper plate from the pantry at the office for the cupcake.  A folded napkin with a fork and the card atop the napkin.  What a nice surprise for a Friday morning.  Or any morning!

I do not know what our topics will be for next week.  I have not decided yet.  So you will have to check in each day to see what we are up to.  Have a great weekend.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig