The Perfect Dog (Or Cat) Food Lid

This week has turned out to be product review week.  And that is OK.  I like sharing ideas and products with you that I find to be especially helpful around the house.  So let's get to today's product.


I know I am not the only one who has had the frustration of storing pet food in the refrigerator after the can has been opened.  The standard plastic lids purchased at the grocery store or other big box retailer are usually inferior.  They do not fit the can.  I find most of them are too small to fit a standard sized can of pet food.  So you force it on in an effort to keep the food fresh and what eventually happens?  The plastic tears and once that happens, it's all over.  The lid is no longer useful.


On a recent stop at "Unleashed" (a Petco company), I set about to find a suitable lid for use on a can of food for little Baxter.  And what did I find?  This wonderful thing called "bowl mates" by Petco.


First of all, the lid is rubber, not plastic.  So that is already an upgrade.  There are three concentric rings which allow the lid to fit three different size cans.  Baxter's Blue's Stew fit in the middle ring. There is a larger outer ring and a smaller inner ring.  With this configuration, the top will surely fit whatever size can you have.


What a wonderful invention.  I wish I had thought of it.  These could be used on any can, including cans with human food.  So you may want to pick up several of them.  I thought this was such a neat idea and that it would be something that many of my readers would enjoy knowing about.  I hope you will find it useful in your kitchen.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig