Club W Wines

After a long days' work, we like to slip off our shoes and slip into a glass of wine.  Our last major wine purchase was last September when we visited the Oliver Vineyards just outside of Indianapolis. What a spectacular vineyard and day with my dear friend Cindy.  We were contemplating a trip back to Indianapolis this fall but it now looks like it might not be until next spring.  I generally pick up wine at the local wine shoppes; whatever I see that sounds good.  I also take advice from friends who have tried something they really like.  Some time ago, I saw an online advertisement from a company called "Club W" which immediately grabbed my attention.  I thought I would give it a try.


Club W is one of those monthly subscription deals.  You sign up online, answer a few questions about your particular taste in wines and they put together selections they think you will enjoy.  Every month you are given a choice of several different wines to choose from based on your palate questionnaire when you join.  You select what bottles you want and they ship them out.  You may set up your account to get 3 bottles or 6 bottles per month.  You can cancel at any time.  So if you wanted to join for just a few months to get your wine inventory up, you could do that and then cancel. Personally, we joined to get a really good selection of wines for the upcoming holidays.  We are on the 3 bottle per month plan.  It is easier to get three bottles per month than it is to run out at the last minute before a party and stock up on wine that you really know very little about just to have it to serve to guests.  Plus you will spend a fortune all at once doing it that way.  I think it is better to take time to choose which bottles you want based on the descriptions from Club W at $39.00 per month. The box will be delivered to your home or your office, but you will need someone available over the age of 21 to sign for the delivery.


Inside, in addition to your wine, you will receive these informative cards which give you an overview of your selections.  They are tucked away in this coverlet.  I very nice touch.


As you can see, these cards are invaluable in providing everything you need to know about your wine selection; a most informative description of the wine, when and how to serve, the origin, etc.


I love these cards.  I will depend on them to help me make my selections for a quiet evening with a close friend or for a large gathering.


The bottles are carefully packaged.  They use the same sort of packing material as Oliver Winery when they shipped my wines from Indianapolis last year.  These sturdy paper crates must be the industry standard.


We chose a 2014 Scarlet Smack Zinfandel.  (I love this label!)


A 2014 Wonderful Wine Co. Red Blend.


And finally, the 2014 Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Sauvignon Blanc.  They all sound wonderful and I cannot wait to give them a try.  If we have piqued your curiosity with today's post, click on the link below to visit the Club W website and consider joining.

Click here for more information on joining and enjoying Club W wines.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig