Baked Camembert

So, we did not have good luck with the crockpot macaroni and cheese.  We're moving on.  I am going to share a recipe with you today that is supremely easy and magnificently delicious.  Oh, wow!!!  I think that will be the title of my cookbook.

Supremely Easy & Magnificently Delicious
A Cookbook by John Newman

We will discuss that in another post, another day.  But I will expect all of you to buy a copy!  Read on for today's recipe for baked Camembert.


We started with this lovely eight ounce round of President Camembert.  I found this at Safeway, but you can find this brand at most large supermarkets throughout the country.  Of course, you do not have to use President brand.  Any eight ounce round will do.


Next, we brought out our Bistro Collection crock.  This does a perfect job of heating the cheese in the oven.  If you do not have one of these, you must get one right away.


Camembert in the crock.  I placed a few sprigs of Rosemary on top, then drizzled with a little olive oil. I used Spanish olive oil but any good quality olive oil will do.  Then a few turns of the black pepper grinder.  Don't overdo it with the pepper.  Use this picture as a guide.


Place the top on the crock and place into a 425 degree preheated oven for fifteen minutes.



This is what emerges fifteen minutes later.


This was out of this world delicious.  We used Camembert.  You could use brie or any other similar soft, rind-coated cheese.  Of course, do not put Dutch Gouda or Fontina Fontal in the crock.  Both of those cheeses have a wax rind that is not a natural part of the cheese but is added after the cheese is aged and processed for sale.  Nor P'Tique Basque, which actually has an edible rind, but is coated in a thin layer of plastic which takes the rind from edible to inedible.

I hope you will try this for your next soiree.  I know you will love it.


A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig