Bev's Birthday Card

When I stumbled upon the birthday card for Bev this year, I knew it was exactly the right card and that it would illicit the perfect response, which it did.  Rather than just write her name on the envelope, I decided to spend a little extra time on addressing the card.  Read on to see what I did.

We are all adults here, so I will share the card with you.  Steven was a little unsure of how this would go over.  I told him not to worry.


Then he read the message inside.  After reading that he thought it might be OK.  She howled with laughter.


The first thing I did was to type her initials in a Microsoft Word file.  I experimented with many different fonts until I found the one that worked for me.  I printed the file onto white card stock.


Then, using my Fiskars circle cutter, I cut out the image.  (I got this at The Paper Source.  If you do not have a Paper Source near you, you could order online or look for one in local craft shops.)


The white circle with her initials on the envelope just didn't work for me.  So I found a pink Sharpie marker and set about correcting the problem.  I just colored the card stock with the pink marker.


Then I adhered it to the envelope with a square foam spacer that was sticky on both sides.


You can pick these up at Michael's or any local craft shop in your area.


When I was done with that, I used the same Sharpie marker to make a sunburst design around the circle.

Did this take a good deal more time than just writing her name on the envelope?  Yes.  But it added some interest to the occasion and she loved it.  Taking the extra step, even on something as simple as addressing a birthday card, shows how much you care.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig