Chicago!!

I have been absent from the blog for the past few days.  Never fear.  I have been in Chicago.  I took Amtrak up and flew back yesterday.  A little business trip.


I took the Capital Limited from Union Station in Washington, DC to Union Station in Chicago.  The train is the way to go.  Large, spacious seating, a wonderful observation car.  A lovely dining car.


Inside the train, I had a very comfortable window seat on the upper level.  This was a double-decker train.  Reserved seats for the trip to Chicago were on the upper level.  Seats for local stops were on the lower level.  There were sleeper cars toward the front.


Here we are winding our way through the mountains of West Virginia.  The scenery was just beautiful.  I can only imagine what it would be like to take this same trip in about a month when the trees are at their peak fall color.  Hmm.  Maybe a trip back to Chicago but this time just for fun.


Finally, we arrived in Chicago.  It was a fun trip and I learned a lot.  I will have more posts of the trip and several new projects we are working on over the next few days.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig