My First Attempt at Macaroni and Cheese in the Crockpot

And it was a DISASTER!!!  Those of us who blog get great enjoyment sharing our accomplishments with our readers.  It is a rare blogger who will share with you when things do not turn out as expected.  I, your humble blogger, am one one of those rare bloggers.  This was not my own recipe.  I found it online and it was from a rather fancy-schmancy, well-established publication which I will not name in an effort to avoid litigation!  So take a look.


Doesn't that look delicious.  The ingredients went like this; uncooked elbow macaroni, milk, evaporated milk, cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese.  I added a little salt.  Put all of this in the crockpot, set the heat to low and let it cook for two and one half hours.  Stir at two hours and then set heat to "warm" after the full two and one half hours.  Not good.  First of all, there is WAY too much cheese.  I didn't think I would ever say that about any macaroni and cheese recipe, but this is just too much.  The macaroni did not hold up well at all.  It rather disintegrated.  So, when it was all said and done, it was like eating a spoonful of a weird cheese combination that did not go together well.  Disappointing.  But all is not lost.  I am now determined to put together the most delicious crockpot macaroni and cheese recipe you have ever tasted.  Stay tuned for that.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig