ParkIt Parking Spaces

I saw the strangest thing one morning this week as I was walking to the office from CVS.  I was walking along the very busy K Street corridor between 19th and 20th Street in downtown DC.  I noticed on my right that there was what seemed to be large modular structures in the street and along the sidewalk.  I was intrigued.  It did not look like construction equipment, although it sort of did look like construction equipment.  So I stopped to take a look; and a picture or two.


According to this sign, this is some new idea where the city allows two parking spaces to be transformed into a "park" space to "enjoy coffee, or just take a break."  I cannot tell you how completely astounded I was at this.  The city of the District of Columbia has agreed to allow two, not one, but TWO parking spaces in probably the busiest and most heavily trafficked part of the city to be turned into park space so that people can "enjoy coffee, or just take a break."  There are coffee shops all along K Street with ample room to "enjoy coffee, or just take a break."  There is an actual park - a real park with benches and grass and trees - three blocks away.  There is Washington Circle with another lovely park area in the center of the circle with seating and open space two blocks in the opposite direction where one could "enjoy coffee, or just take a break."  But someone had the brainstorm to come up with this idea of closing two parking spaces, which are at a premium in this area, so there could be more park space.  AND, ... the District government OK'd the idea!!!!!!!!!!


Here is a wider view of what they have done.  Does anybody say "no" anymore to anything?  So someone came up with this idea and I assume another person or group of people thought it sounded great.  Not only are there two fewer parking spaces along busy K Street, but it is just an eyesore. And, uh, ... one more thing.  Do you see anybody sitting there?  The other ridiculous thing was - do you see the "wet paint" signs.  The paint was not wet.  Not a good idea.  Not a good thing.  Another example of the craziness we are living in these days. 

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig