A Couple Updates on Making Cheese Souffle

We talked about making cheese souffle a couple weeks ago.  I posted the recipe for my delicious cheese souffle on the recipe page at the time.  I made another souffle recently and I wanted to add a couple tips which I think make this recipe even better.


First improvement tip is, after you spray the bowl in which the souffle will bake and add the cracker crumb base, swirl the bowl around and allow the crumb base to come as high up the side of the bowl as possible.  This will aid with the rising of the souffle and you get to enjoy the flavorful crackers.

Jarlsberg cheese, cubed and at room temperature for cheese souffle.
Place the cheese you want to use for your souffle on the counter to bring it to room temperature. Do not try to bring it to room temperature in 30 minutes.  Cube the cheese, place it in a ramekin, cover it with plastic wrap and leave it out for an hour or more.  It will melt faster and easier if you do this.


This was our latest creation using Jarlsberg.  I was very pleased with how this turned out.


Another view of our latest cheese souffle.


And another.  If you have been wanting to try your hand at making cheese souffle but thought it would fall flat, you no longer need to worry.  With this recipe you cannot go wrong.  Click here to get the recipe.  

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig