Some Essential Foods to Incorporate Into Your Diet for Good Health

Today we are going to talk health.  As we move into, ... uh, ... middle age, this is generally the time when we stop and take stock of our life and our state of health.  Little signs of declining health may start to show up now.  Many of us are prescribed medications by our doctors at this time.  The miracle of modern day medicine is a wonderful thing.  The med's we take help us live longer, happier and more productive lives.  But eating a healthy and nutritious diet is equally as important.

I take several different medications to help control diabetes and cholesterol.  The med's work in the liver, primarily, to help my body do the things which it is no longer capable of doing on it's own. I feel it is in my best interest to do all that I can to make sure my liver is as healthy as possible.  So far I've had no problems with my liver and I would like to keep it that way.

I recently visited Dr. Edward Group's website, Global Healing Center Website.  I was intrigued.  Yes, he sells a line of supplements which claim to improve your health.  He is trying to make a living just like the rest of us.  It is entirely up to you whether or not you would like to purchase his supplements. But, in addition to his supplement line, he has a video on You Tube where he gives you a list of 14 foods you need to consume on a regular basis to ensure good health.  Some of those foods are:


Garlic, green tea, grapefruit juice, leafy green vegetables, avocado, whole grains, cruciferous vegetables and cabbage.  Two more things he advises are warm, freshly made lemon water in the morning and the spice, turmeric.

If you would like to watch Dr. Group's You Tube video, click on this link.- Dr. Group's 14 Foods to Detoxify Your Liver.

Personally, I have not tried any of his supplements.  So I am not endorsing anything he is selling on his website.  However, his short You Tube video, which you can watch above, is quite informative. He gives a full list of the foods to eat that are essential to a healthy liver and he gives an explanation of how each food works.  The video is not an infomercial in which he is selling his products.  It is plain and simple, straightforward advice on what foods to eat to maintain a healthy liver.  A lot of the foods he suggests I am already eating - I have spinach in my green drinks; I eat avocados on a regular basis; and I frequently steam broccoli and cauliflower for lunch or dinner.  So I am on the right track. But I could add a few items to my diet to help keep my liver in tip-top shape.  I will be incorporating some of these food items into my diet in greater quantity.

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig