New Product Tag Designs

Recently I set about designing product tags.  "Product tags for what?" you ask.  Well, ... you will have to stay tuned to find out.


I designed the tags utilizing Microsoft Word software on my computer.  I can work miracles with Microsoft Word.  After tweaking here and tweaking there, I finally achieved "the look."  You know when you achieve "the look".  Whether you are designing a room or a garden or a dish to serve to guests, you know when you have achieved your perfection.  That done, it was time to choose the paper for printing these tags.  During the design process I printed my drafts on plain white, multi-use copier paper.  But that would not do for the finished product.  I needed some weight of cardstock yet to be decided on.  It was time for a trip to Staples.


Upon entering the aisle with the card stock and printer paper, I was a little overwhelmed.  But I did not let the abundance of paper choices distress me.  I began my search in earnest for just the right color and weight paper.


A short while later, I decided on this beautiful, 65lb, metallic cardstock.


When I returned to my desk, I was able to take a better look at the paper without all the glare from the store lights.  When I removed a sheet from the packaging I knew this was precisely what I wanted.


A little while later, I had printed several of my new product tags, which I thought looked spectacular on this paper.


A nice message inside on the right hand side.  On the left is where the price of the item will be written.


And finally, on the back, the web address to this blog so our customers can keep in touch.

We will be making some changes over the coming weeks.  We will be shutting down the Boxshoppe.org website and consolidating everything under "At Home with John Newman."  So there will be this blog and a separate commercial website also named "At Home with John Newman." There will be a link here which will take you directly to the new website where you can peruse the aisles of our online store filled with one-of-a-kind decorative items for your home.

_________________________________________________________________________________ 

On a completely separate topic, I was so impressed with these beautiful plantings in the sidewalk just outside of Staples that I had to photograph them.


Such a beautiful and welcome site in our concrete jungle.


I particularly like the tropical theme.  These reminded me of our trip to Maui several years ago and the beautiful foliage all around the resort.


I assume the D.C. Department of Public Works is responsible for caring for these gardens.  They are doing a great job.

  

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig