Cheeseburgers Done Under the Broiler

What do you do when you get home and find there is nothing to eat.  Or at least, nothing you really want.  On a recent night we found ourselves in just such a predicament.  What did we do? Read on.


I found a partial box of frozen hamburgers in the freezer with four burgers remaining.  Dinner would not be fancy, but I would do my best to put together something tasty.  I lined a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and placed a cookie cooling rack on top of the foil.  I sprayed the cooling rack with Pam and placed the frozen burgers on top.


Then I placed the sheet with the burgers under a preheated broiler for six minutes, turned the burgers and put them back under the broiler for an additional six minutes.
 

While they were broiling, I sliced four slices of Velveeta cheese.  When the burgers were done, I removed them from the oven and placed a slice of Velveeta atop each burger.


I placed the cookie sheet with the burgers and cheese back into the oven, this time on a lower rack to let the cheese melt.


Once the cheese melted to my satisfaction, three to four minutes, I plated a cheeseburger and topped it with a little ricotta cheese and a splash of catsup.  No bread for me.  I enjoyed the burger on its own with just these toppings.  I must admit, for a frozen burger from a box it was not bad.  Not gourmet, but not bad.


When dinner was done, I put the cookie cooling rack in the dish sink filled with hot soapy water to soak.  The burgers made quite a mess when cooking.  Fortunately, I lined the pan with foil.


I carefully folded the aluminum foil up from the outside and in toward the middle.  All the drippings stayed on the foil and it was discarded into the trash bin.


I was left with a clean cookie sheet, ready for the next use.

So I guess what we learned today is to keep a box, or at least a partial box of frozen hamburgers in the freezer because you never know when they will become dinner!

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig