Bag It. Zip It. Grill It.

It's late spring.  We are just a few days away from summer and I know you have cooked out on the grill at least once already.  We all love cooking outdoors on the grill.  We have cooked out several times already and I wanted to share this great thing I found called Marinade in a Bag.


Let me rephrase that.  "Jack Daniel's" Marinade in a Bag.  They come in several different flavors; Classic Steakhouse, Honey Teriyaki, Garlic & Herb and Smoky Mesquite.  I chose Smoky Mesquite.


The whole thing couldn't be easier.  Use a pair of ordinary household scissors to cut the top of the bag open.  There is a zip lock seal that you need to pull apart and that opens the bag so that you can starting marinating your main course.  Just drop in up to 3 pounds of whatever you are having that evening.  I marinated boneless, center-cut pork chops.  Fill the bag up and reseal it with the zip lock closure.  I shake it around a little bit to make sure the meat is fully covered.  Then place in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour.  I put the pork chops in early that morning and let them sit all day and cooked them that evening.


Using a pair of long-handled tongs, remove the meat from the bag and you are ready to start cooking. Don't try to cook it in the bag.  I know I probably don't have to say that, but just don't.


The pork chops looked wonderful and I couldn't wait to get them on the grill.


We have talked before about my George Foreman electric outdoor grill.  We used it a couple weeks ago to heat a frozen pizza for Steven's birthday party.  I cannot tell you how much I love this grill. It is very efficient and it is a breeze to clean.  And it does a wonderful job with anything I've cooked on it.  I am not suggesting you get rid of your charcoal grill or gas grill.  Certainly not.  Those have their place in the outdoor kitchen.  But for me, this is the perfect grill.


So, five to six minutes per side, depending on the thickness of your chops.  These were about 3/4 to 1 inch thick.  After cooking on both sides the meat thermometer registered a high of 171 degrees, which is well above the 145 degree recommendation.  They were perfectly done.  I served them with a little Horseradish sauce.  I know traditionally that is used for beef, but it worked with these as well.

Pick up some pork chops this weekend and give this a try.  I think you will love it.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig