Plastic Cup Containers and Other Things

I am constantly assessing ways in which I can become more organized, both at the office and at home.  I enjoy the art of organizing.  It is essential for me to stay as organized as possible because I have many things going on at any given time in my life.  This week, I am rediscovering uses for these small plastic containers that I bought some time ago.  I do not remember where I got them.  It could have been at a big box retailer or one of the chain supermarkets such as Giant or Safeway.  I have a set of six and I have primarily used them as a receptacle for salad dressing when bringing a salad from home for lunch.  And they have been perfect for that.  But there are other uses as well.


Above we have, starting on the left, going clockwise, salad dressing (the old standby use), seeded and salted sunflower seed kernels, and finally my new apple cider vinegar capsules.  Each cup holds 35ml.  I'm not going to go all "metric" on you this morning.  So, 35ml equals 1.18349 ounces or 2.36698 tablespoons.  There.  Now you have a better comparison as to how much these hold.  That's an adequate helping of salad dressing and sunflower seed kernels.  I bought a large bottle of apple cider vinegar capsules and I do not want to keep transporting it everyday between home and the office, so this is a good way to keep some capsules in the office.  When it gets low, just fill it up again.


As for the "Other Things" referenced in the post title, I brought a vanilla yogurt to work this morning as part of lunch.  Market Pantry clearly gives away the fact that I shopped at Target this past weekend.  I like yogurt and there are few brands I can enjoy these days which do not cause my sugar level to spike.  This is one which does not cause sugar spikes due to very low carbs and sugar content.  I bought a four-pack of the Vanilla and a four-pack of the Strawberry Cheesecake yogurt.


I thought I would freeze the yogurt cup.  So I placed it in the freezer of the refrigerator at the office. I will let you know how this experiment turns out.



One final thing, the salad dressing in the cup is actually this wonderful Salad Cream from Heinz.  If you have not tried this, I strongly urge you to do so.  It is quite delicious on a summer salad of lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and sliced cucumbers or any combination of your choice.  There is also a "light" version.  It has a tangy, zingy flavor which is like none other of the traditional salad dressings. Find out more at http://www.heinz.com/our-food/products/saladcream.aspx.  I purchased mine at Wegman's.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig