Preparing the Gifts for the Birthday Party

On to preparing the gifts for the party. With the cheese and cake selection done, it was time to start preparing the birthday gifts. Simple and elegant always works. I think I achieved that. Read on.


While the box in this picture looks orange, it was actually white. I found two white boxes at the Paper Source that worked perfectly for his gifts. And this Tiffany blue tissue paper with sparkles only added to the presentation.


First thing was to line the box. Just fold the tissue so it is the same width as the box and then place it inside the box and fold the two ends over each side. If the box is particularly wide, place two sheets so that you will have enough to cover the gifts before closing.


I was lucky that the bags of goodies fit inside the box perfectly.


 I wanted to be certain that the box would be full, so I bought more than I thought I would need.


But, in the end, I had just the right amount to present a nice full box of treats. The Moose Munch fit between the two bags of popcorn very nicely.


There was room on top for the Cocoa Cookie Crunch. These were all a huge hit. I picked them up at HomeGoods while I was shopping for the round frame we talked about in the post yesterday.


Once the gifts were placed, I covered them with another sheet of tissue paper. If two sheets of tissue will not be enough to fold over the gifts, then just fold another sheet to fit the box and lay it on top. Double the tissue wherever possible. The more tissue the better. You do not want your presentation to look liked you ran out of tissue. I used the entire package of tissue for the two boxes and a gift bag from Godiva.


I purchased the wrapping paper from the Paper Source. It is called "Pool." It was a very beautiful shade of blue, however it did not photograph well. It looks rather bland and unappealing in this picture, but it was beautiful. The Happy Birthday stickers came from the Paper Source. The little white pom-pom's are from Martha Stewart. They were part of a larger assortment. This box contained the Moose Munch and popcorn.


This smaller box wrapped in the same paper and with another of the flowers from the Martha Stewart collection contained a gift card to Brooks Brothers. Who doesn't love getting a gift card from Brooks Brothers?


And one final gift from Godiva. I found a small ballotin of chocolate truffles at their boutique location on M Street in Georgetown. I went in to get this as a gift but also for selfish reasons. As a member of the Godiva Frequent Buyer Club I can taste a new truffle each month. I tried their red velvet truffle. Extraordinaire!!!!!!!

Tomorrow, the spread I set out for the party. It was not only visually appealing but delicious. A win-win for sure.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig