A Tulip Tree at the Watergate Complex

I have been watching this Tulip tree for weeks and finally it has unfurled the most beautiful foliage.


This is located in front of the Watergate Residential Suites.  Every spring this tree is just magnificent.


Being a huge fan of cut tulips, naturally I am drawn to these spectacular tulip trees.


The blossoms are not fragrant.  But then, being this beautiful, they do not need to also be fragrant.


Another look up through the tree.


And a final view of the tree with cascading blossoms around the sign identifying the Watergate Shops.


It was only about a week ago that I took this shot of the same tree.  These buds were clearly just ready to open any day.


Again, taken at the same time as the picture just above.  A rather bleak scene.  But in just a few days we had the splendor which you see above.  Spring is a magical time.


No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig