No-Bake Cheesecake Deluxe

How many recipes are there for no-bake cheesecake?  More then we can count.  I love cheesecake.  I like baked, no-bake, New York style, cheesecake bars, and any and all other varieties and flavors.  I have a recipe for you today for a no-bake cheesecake that is really, really good.  And simple.  It has four ingredients.  Well, five if you count the prepared graham cracker crust.  I frequently use prepared graham cracker crusts because they are perfectly delicious.  I keep them in the pantry at all times.  So, let's get started.

First things first.  Here is the recipe.

No Bake Cheesecake Deluxe

Ingredients:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust

Directions:

1.  Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.  Fold in Cool Whip.

2.  Fill pie crust and chill 1 to 2 hours before serving.

There it is.  It takes only a few minutes to put together.

This no-bake cheesecake is perfectly sumptuous.  Once it is fully chilled, you could serve it on its own.  But, if you want to take it a little bit over the top, read on for my suggestions.


Buy a can of cherry or blueberry or apple pie filling.  Or, do like I did and buy all three.


Remove the top(s) from the can(s) using one of the can openers which gently lifts the lid off the can. Do not use one of the old can openers that cuts the lid from the can.  That style can opener will not work for this project.  Those old can openers are not a good thing to have around.  The lids removed from the can(s) are extremely sharp and can cause a nasty cut on your hand.  Plus the design allows food to collect along the wheel that moves the blade around the can which is probably not very sanitary.   I know these old can openers have been around for years and we all grew up with them in our mother's kitchens and we didn't get sick or die from using them.  But there is a new style can opener available today which is much nicer and more sanitary, so just get one and throw the old one out.


So now we have our three cans of fruit topping opened and ready to go.  If you will be serving the cheesecake in an informal setting, like we did, you can do a quick cover for each can using the "Text Box" feature in Microsoft Word.  This gives the cans a suitable look for a deck or porch party.


I set about finding clipart online that matched the contents of each can.  I measured the height of each can so I would know how wide to make the label.  Then, I used a tape measure around the can to determine how long each label would need to be to completely cover the can.  I inserted my clipart, adjusted it for size, and printed each on 8-1/2" x 11" printer paper.  I used a pair of regular household scissors to cut out each label.


I then wrapped each can with the label and taped it in the back with Scotch brand tape where the two sides met.


I placed the lids back on the cans (which you can do if you use a can opener that lifts the lid off the can as discussed above).  Now, these are ready to be set out when you serve your cheesecake.

If I served this cheesecake at the dining table or in a more formal setting, I would not use the cans with labels.  In that circumstance, I would transfer the content of each can to a separate glass bowl or ramekin and then place a small silver serving spoon in each vessel so that each guest can help themselves.


Here we have a slice of the cheesecake on its own.  Delicious and suitable for any gathering.


But when you take that same slice and dress it with toppings, well, ... you have an extraordinary slice of cheesecake.  This is absolutely picture perfect and a treat like none you have experienced.

I hope you will give this a try.  I know you will not be disappointed.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig