Have You Heard of Tile?

Have you heard of "Tile?"  Tile is a tracking device that you can use to track, ... well, ... almost anything.







I think it was originally designed to be used on your key ring, making lost keys a thing of the past.  Hence, the hole in the upper left corner.   And that was and is a very good use for it. However, there are other uses as well.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      




You see here where the tile has been attached to my key ring.  Generally, I do not have a problem with losing my keys.  I try to stay pretty aware of their location at all times, for obvious reasons. So I gave it some thought and decided that I could put my tile to use in a much better way.

Your Tile arrives in this very nice mailer.  All you need to do is remove it from the packaging and follow the directions on how to download the Tile App and then link it to the app via Bluetooth on your iPhone. There are no batteries to fuss with.  There is nothing really to fuss with other than downloading the app on your iPhone and connecting to Bluetooth.



Listed above are the features of the Tile, which are pretty neat.


Other uses are to attach it to your luggage when flying.  Although the airline may "lose" your luggage, they won't actually "lose" it.  With the app on your iPhone, you can let them know where it is.


Another good use would be to attach it to your bicycle in an out-of-sight place (under the seat).  If someone decides to help themselves to your wheels, they won't have them for very long.  Tile will let you know where the bicycle is located.


For my use, I decided to place the tile in my car.  Why go to the expense of having a "Lo-Jack" system installed.  Just place the tile anywhere inside your car and you have a GPS system which will pinpoint the location of your car at any time.


I used the cellphone/change cup as my secret hiding place in the car.  I do not use this to hold my cellphone.  I either keep my phone in my pocket or I place it on the dash on one of those sticky pads. I keep a small tube of hand cream in the cup in the console.  I removed the tube of hand cream.


Dropped in the tile.


Then placed the tube of hand dream back into the cup.  The tile is completely out of sight.  If someone took the car and was looking for a tracking device they may look under the car or in the glovebox or under the seat or even under the dash.  They likely would not think to look in such an obvious place. I do not expect my car to be stolen, but then, who does?  It happens.  If there is a way to find it quickly, using a tile, then you are ahead of the game. 

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig