My Cousin Married

I have a cousin, Preston, who is four years my junior, so he will be fifty-two this year.  All these years he lived his life as a confirmed bachelor and we all thought that would continue into the foreseeable future. However, in the fall of last year, I started to hear rumors that he had taken up with a former girlfriend and things were looking serious.  In February of this year, they married.  Their ceremony was a small, intimate affair.  Very tasteful and refined.  I wanted to at least send my congratulations, so I found a card that I thought was fitting.  Read on.


I really liked this "Pop Sparkle Fizz Toast Sip" card from the Paper Source.  The bubbles from the glass embossed on the card stock is genius.


Inside was blank.  I rather prefer that the inside be blank.  That way I can say what I want to say directly to the person receiving the card.  Honestly, most of the sentiments in greeting cards today are just awful.  They are either vulgar or so sappy that you wonder who writes these words.  And who approves them at the card company?


I kept it simple and to the point and added a little graphic I found online at the bottom.  I printed this on a white swirl and platinum vellum, also from Paper Source.  I used a length of double-sided tape just across the top of the cutout to adhere it to the inside of the card.


With that done, it was time to insert the card into the envelope and get it in the mail.

As for a wedding gift, I am not certain right now what I want to do.  Like I said, my cousin is fifty-two years old.  What does a man in his fifties need or want.  In my cousin's case, not much.  It's not like they need a toaster or a blender or anything like that.  When I see the perfect gift, I will send it to them.  But, in the meantime, it is always nice to receive a card.  So at least send a card of well wishes in a case like this.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig