Wedding Favor Boxes in Black & White

Last week we talked about "A Wedding in Blue" in our post on April 20.  I shared with you that I was going to make favor boxes for the upcoming wedding of my two very dear friends and that these beautiful blue Jordan almonds were to be used in each box.  Well, as sometimes happens, things didn't work quite as expected.  I used a matching blue embossing powder for the champagne glasses on the boxes, ... and it was awful!!  Especially on the black box.  Sometimes this happens. The vision you have in your mind does not translate to the real world.  So, we quickly changed gears and moved on to another scheme.  I like our new scheme and I will share it with you today.



I will keep these beautiful blue Jordan almonds in vacuum sealed food storage bags for the time being. There will be an event where they will work perfectly and when that happens, we will use them.


We decided we would go classic black and white for the wedding.  You can never go wrong with black and white.  So I placed an order for white Jordan almonds.


And black Jordan almonds.  I bought just one bag of each.  I wanted to make sure I was happy with how they looked in the boxes.  I did not want to make the same mistake I made with the blue.


We are going to do an equal quantity of both black and white boxes.  Here we have a black box with white filler and a white box with black filler.


Then we reversed the color of the Jordan almonds in each box.  Black in the box with the white filler and white in the box with the black filler.


In the end, we will have these very cute little boxes with champagne flutes embossed in silver.  I think this is a very nice look and I hope the happy couple agrees.

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig