Food Storage Containers in Stainless Steel

I recently shared with you on the Welcome to Crest Avenue blog, my preference for food storage containers which are made of materials other than plastic.  In my opinion, food which has been stored in plastic containers has a distinctly different taste when it is removed from that container than it did when it was placed in the container.  So I started the transition to glass food storage containers.  With glass, food tastes the same as it did when placed in the container.  And glass containers are microwaveable.  So the change to glass containers was an easy one for me.

On a recent trip to Crate & Barrel Outlet, I came across another food storage option and I am sharing that with you today.


Stainless steel.  I really like these stainless steel divided containers.  I know they have plastic lids. My glass storage containers have plastic lids.  But, with the glass containers and the same with these stainless steel containers, you see that the plastic lid has no dangerous chemicals.  I don't know how they do that, but they do.  So the plastic lid has no affect on the taste of the food inside.


You can see in this picture the warning imprinted on the lid which states that these containers are not for use in the microwave.  These are used more for refrigerator storage of foods rather than for transport of food.  However, a nice summer salad of iceberg lettuce, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers and mandarin orange sections would be perfect in here for lunch.  The stainless steel container would keep it nice and cold until time for lunch.  Maybe a little Green Goddess salad dressing and a squeeze of lemon?  Very delicious.


Another very nice feature of these containers is the movable divider.  You could place your summer salad on the right and fill the smaller left side with 2% cottage cheese and a little crushed pineapple. (I only buy 2% cottage cheese.  I find the 1% to be too dry and tasteless and the 4% is too rich for my taste.)  Or, you could remove the divider altogether depending on what you are storing.  That's the beauty.  It is entirely up to you how you want to use them.

We are slowly making the transition from plastic to glass and stainless steel for all our food storage needs.  

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig