Design Changes to the Wedding Card for my Cousin

I wrote earlier this week about my cousin who recently married. In that post I shared with you the card I prepared for he and his wife. After that post, I took another look and decided I wanted to change some things. And, in the process, the card envelope ended up with a coffee stain. I never give up. I forge ahead. Read on to see how I handled all of this.


First, the coffee stain. Needless to say I was not happy to see that I had dripped coffee onto the envelope. I was not going to start all over with a new card and all of that.


Instead, I walked to CVS and made my way to the gift wrap section. There, on an end-cap, I found a display of several different varieties of ornamental stickers. After some debate, I decided to go with these sheets of butterflies.


A quick application of one of the tiniest butterfly stickers corrected the coffee stain. The colors in the sticker matched the color of the envelope.


Next, to the insert. I removed the original insert which was printed on vellum and replaced it with this insert. The color of this paper very closely matches the color of the design on the front of the card. I also changed the font from Showcase Gothic to Segoe Light. Much better. And I raised the image up a little.


In the end, everything worked out just as I wanted. The stain covered and the insert updated, I was happy with how it looked and dropped it in the mail. Congratulations Preston and Susana!

No comments

A Topiary on the Dresser

I bought this rattan candle holder several years ago, I believe from World Market.  It was an impulse buy.  I was not shopping for rattan ca...

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig